How to make the Best Soy Smoothies
Many people in today’s busy world have found that a fruit-packed smoothie made with soy milk is the perfect way to get essential nutrients on the go. Here are some amazing tips for soy smoothies.
Research shows that soy milk has numerous health benefits for you and your family since it’s high in protein, fiber, and calcium. Moreover, it’s also an excellent alternative for people who chose to avoid dairy products.
Many physicians, such as Dr. Alan Greene, a pediatrician at Lucile Packard Children’s Hospital, recommend choosing foods made from whole organic soybeans. The soy milk made from organic soybeans contains all of the nutritional goodness of the bean, as nature intended-not concentrated or diluted.
“Organic soybeans are not genetically modified and have been grown without the use of toxic pesticides or other toxic chemicals,” said Greene.
For your soy smoothies, try Organic Valley Soy, produced by the families of organic farmers.
Tips for smoothie success
- To boost creaminess, freeze the fruit (except for citrus fruit). You also can add a few tablespoons of Organic Valley Nonfat Dry Milk Powder for a rich, creamy taste without the guilt.
- For extra protein, add a handful of raw almonds.
- Blend a few tablespoons of raw flax seeds for omega-3 fatty acids. Add a handful of raw sunflower seeds for your daily dose of omega-6 and omega-9 fatty acids as well as vitamin E.
- Add liquids first and gradually add seeds and nuts and then frozen fruit. Liquid extracts (such as vanilla or almond extracts) go in last.
- Serve or freeze immediately to retain the full flavor and nutrients.
- 2 cups Organic Valley Vanilla Soy beverage
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 2 medium bananas (peeled, sliced and frozen)
- 1 tablespoon flax seed
- 1 tablespoon raw almonds
Whirl all of the ingredients in the blender until smooth – up to 5 minutes – and enjoy!
So, fire up your blender and create a delicious smoothie today! If you found this helpful, read more of our insightful blogs here, and don’t forget to check out our Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook & Pinterest!
Drew A. Farion