This Artichoke, Sausage & Goat Cheese Pie is sure to be a hit at all your family dinners! Comprised of Italian sausages, artichoke, fresh herbs, eggs and soft goat cheese, this meal is perfect to make in any weather at any time! Bump up this recipe’s potential by using premium sausage from Steaks & Game, and Goat Cheese from the Cheese Grotto! For more information on these companies and others, check out our meat and cheese review sections!
Fresh artichokes are the best to use in this recipe however they are not as easy to find in North America so instead, we use frozen artichokes. Also, the flavor of frozen tastes better than canned chokes which sometimes has a metallic taste. You may use mild Italian sausage meat in this dish or if you prefer, you could use spicy Italian sausage instead for a spicier flavour. In this recipe, we use creamy goat cheese however, if goat cheese isn’t your thing, you could use any shredded cheese you prefer. This egg dish is hearty enough to be the main course, and when served with a big salad and a loaf of crusty bread, it becomes a complete meal.
Artichoke, Sausage & Goat Cheese Pie for Lunch!
Everything works together beautifully — this is a really hearty, yummy casserole that could be breakfast, lunch, or dinner. An artichoke, sausage, goat cheese, & egg pie is a nearly perfect lunch because it is so easy to wrap up — just put a square in a take-out container or wrap it in foil. You can pack in lots of veggies and potatoes, if you want, so it’s a one-dish meal.
Try this recipe this weekend evening — it’s a great way to stash a week of meals in the fridge in nearly no time at all!
A hearty egg pie that would be perfect for any meal, any time, any where!
- 4 Teaspoons Olive Oil, Divided
- 1/3 Cup Breadcrumbs or Cornmeal
- 1/2 Pound Italian Sausages, Meat Removed From Casings
- 1 1/2 Cups Frozen Artichokes, Thawed, Patted Dry & Coarsely Chopped
- 2 Teaspoons Fresh Herbs, Finely Chopped (Such as Basil, Parsley, Mint, Oregano)
- 5 Large Eggs
- 1 Cup Half & Half
- 2 Ounces Soft Goat Cheese
- Salt & Pepper To Taste
- 2 Tablespoons Pine Nuts
- First, preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Second, lightly oil a 9-inch pie pan generously, then add the breadcrumbs or cornmeal, and turn the pie pan from side to side to coat.
- Next, dump out any extra.
- Then, heat 2 teaspoons olive oil in a frying pan over medium heat, and break up the sausage met into the pan.
- Use two forks to break up the sausage and cook until no longer pink.
- Add the artichokes to the pan and cook until they just begin to colour.
- Next, spoon the sausage and artichoke mixture into the pie pan.
- In a small bowl, beat together the eggs, half and half until blended.
- Season with salt and pepper and stir in the herbs.
- Pour the egg mixture over the sausage and artichokes.
- Gently, break up the goat cheese into small pieces and drop it on top of the egg mixture evenly across the top. Sprinkle the top of the pie with the pine nuts.
- Bake for about 30 to 35 minutes or until a knife inserted into the centre comes out cleanly.
- Finally, cool 15 minutes, slice, and enjoy!
- Calories: 472
- Sugar: 4g
- Sodium: 546mg
- Fat: 29g
- Saturated Fat: 11g
- Unsaturated Fat: 18g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 29g
- Fiber: 4g
- Protein: 25g
- Cholesterol: 212mg
Be sure to check out more of our hearty, delicious recipes here!
Disclosure: This post is brought to you by the Eclectic Connoisseur. We highlight products and services you might find interesting. If you buy them, we might get a small share of the revenue from the sale from our commerce partners. This does NOT affect and or increase your purchase price in any form or fashion.