A Strawberry Rhubarb Coffee Cake Recipe That You Need To Make For Your Next Party
Elevate this Strawberry Rhubarb Coffee Cake with nuts from Hashems. For more information on this company and others, check out our review on them here!Print
A moist Strawberry Rhubarb coffee cake with a creamy cheese layer and a sweet jam layer nestled in a delicious cake batter!
- 1–1/2 Teaspoons Cornstarch
- 1/3 Cup Sugar
- 1 Cup Chopped Fresh Strawberries
- 1 Cup Chopped Fresh or Frozen Rhubarb
- 2 Tablespoons Water
Cream Cheese Layer:
- 1 Package (8 ounces) Cream Cheese, At Room Temperature
- 1/4 Cup Sugar
- 1 Large Egg, Lightly Beaten
- 2 Cups All-purpose Flour
- 3/4 Cup Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Cold butter, Cubed
- 1/2 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/4 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Large Egg, At Room Temperature, Lightly Beaten
- 3/4 Cup Sour Cream
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 Cup Sliced Almonds
- First, preheat oven to 350°.
- Second, use a baking spray to coat the bottom and sides of a 9-inch spring-form pan.
- Next, in a small saucepan, mix cornstarch and sugar; stir in strawberries, rhubarb and water.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to a simmer until thickened, 6-8 minutes.
- For filling, in a small bowl, using an electric hand mixer at medium speed, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth, then beat in egg until blended.
- Then, in a large bowl, combine flour and sugar; cut in butter until crumbly.
- Reserve 3/4 cup for the topping.
- Next, stir baking powder, baking soda and salt into remaining flour mixture.
- In an another bowl, whisk together the egg, sour cream and vanilla until blended; gently stir into flour mixture, being careful not to over mix.
- Spread batter onto bottom and 1/2 in. up sides of prepared pan.
- Next, spread cream cheese filling over crust, leaving a 1/2-in. border around edge of pan.
- Spoon strawberry rhubarb mixture over top, then sprinkle with reserved crumb mixture.
- Then, scatter the sliced almonds on top.
- Bake until edges are golden brown, about 50 minutes.
- Then, cool on a wire rack 20 minutes, then loosen sides of the cake from pan with a knife.
- Lastly, cool completely, then remove rim from pan.
- Finally, slice and enjoy!
Check out our Dessert Section for more yummy treats!
- Serving Size: 1 Slice
- Calories: 473
- Sugar: 36g
- Sodium: 316mg
- Fat: 22g
- Saturated Fat: 11g
- Unsaturated Fat: 9g
- Trans Fat: 1g
- Carbohydrates: 63g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 8g
- Cholesterol: 93mg