Since times have changed so drastically, it’s been hard to catch up with friends at bars and restaurants. If you’ve missed some of your favourite unique drinks, here are 5 foundational cocktails for any occasion! Rather than throwing money at over-priced drinks at a bar or club we’ve supplied you with some recipes and pointers on how to make them yourself. When you simply want to unwind with your buddies, making yourself one of these 5 foundational cocktails for any occasion is a great way to kick-start your evening!
For all your wine and spirit needs the Eclectic Connoisseur has formed a partnership with Reserve Bar and The Whiskey Exchange. For a more comprehensive assessment of their store front, products and services please visit the review section of our web-site. Please share your next cocktail concoction from these 5 foundational cocktails for any occasion with our Facebook community of food and drink lovers @ the Eclectic Connoisseur!
Changing up the 5 Cocktails for Any Occasion
Everyone has different taste buds and can tolerate a different amount of alcohol. Remember, you can include as much alcohol as you prefer according to your taste. Additionally, you can change up some of the portions, or adorn your cocktail glasses with different garnishes. Don’t be afraid to mix things and try new things! Below are 5 foundational cocktails for any occasion and we hope you enjoy them!
The first of 5 cocktails for any occasion is a Classic Mojito that you just have to love!
- Fresh mint
- Limes (one for each drink)
- Clear rum (Havana Club is preferred, however if not you can get Bacardi Superior Light, or Captain Morgan’s Silver Edition)
- Club Soda
- Pure granulated sugar
- First, start by making some easy syrup. To do this, put equal parts sugar and water into a pot and cook it on high (stirring the entire time) up until it blends together (you do not want it boiling!). **
- Second, place some of the fresh mint in the bottom of the glass, just enough to cover and then add a little bit more.
- Third, pour in about a tablespoon of the basic syrup.
- Add a little granulated sugar into the glass to assist the muddling of the mint. Make sure the sugar is completely dissolved prior to serving.
- Squeeze the juice of a whole lime into the glass, leaving half of the empty lime shell in the glass.
- Take your bottle of bitters and simply put a dash or 2 in.
- Next, mix that all together thoroughly.
- Fill the glass about 3/4 complete with ice.
- Then, pour about 4 counts of the rum and complete it with a splash of club soda. Ensure that you then blend the beverage effectively.
- Lastly, garnish with a spring of mint.
** Make extra of this so you do not have to make it every time you need to make a mojito.
A classic Cosmopolitan made with vodka, triple sec, cranberry juice, and freshly squeezed or sweetened lime juice!
A classic Long Island Ice Tea perfect for those warm, sunny days!
A delicious twist on a Long Island Ice Tea with a cherry on top! These colours will wow you and your guests!
A classic Margarita that you all and your friends are sure to enjoy!
A classic Bloody Mary recipe for when you’re craving that drink with a kick!
- Shake all active ingredients (other than lime wedge) with ice and pressure into an old-fashioned glass over ice cubes.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the wedge of lime and serve.
As we mentioned earlier… kick start your heart to having a great evening!
If you’ve enjoyed the 5 foundational cocktails for any occasion, check out more of our amazing blogs here. Also, don’t forget to follow & like our Facebook page, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, & LinkedIn! Share this recipe with your friends, family and loved ones so you can all enjoy it together!